Part of LA County Library, the Lancaster Library is located in the heart of downtown Lancaster, California. It offers great kids books, homework help, a Veteran’s Resource Center, public computers, passport services, and job help, as well as resources in Spanish.
The Lancaster Library is on social media. Click here to visit the Facebook page.
About Lancaster Library
- Meeting Room: Capacity 200
- Space for Children
- Space for Teens
- Study Room
- Book Drop
- Library Size: 48,721 sq ft
Lancaster Library Veterans Resource Center:
We’re pleased to help veterans and their loved ones with our Veterans Resource Centers (VRCs). The first Center opened at Lancaster Library in 2015.
Each Resource Center offers access to a phone line, laptop, and wireless printing, and provides materials on state and federal benefits, and local services and resources in key areas like housing, healthcare, finance, education, and employment. VRCs are also equipped with a circulating collection of DVDs and books, including children’s. Click here for more info.
Online Homework Help:
You can get FREE homework help from a live, online tutor. All you need is your LA County Library card and PIN number, and an internet connection. You can use Online Homework Help from home, school, and even the Library. Offered in English and Spanish. Offered for K-12, College, and Adult Learners. Click here for more info.
Online Collections – Available 24 hours:
- Lynda.com: Stream online instructional videos covering the latest software, creative, and business skills. Taught by accomplished teachers and recognized industry experts, Lynda.com is for anyone looking to learn new skills in a wide range of subjects including photography, animation, music, web development, software, and project management. Access an unlimited number of courses 24/7.
- Gale Courses: Take a wide range of free online classes, led by expert instructors, including grammar refresher; mobile apps; WordPress websites; stocks, bonds, and investing; Microsoft Excel 2010; advanced PC security; resume writing workshop; and digital photography. You’re entitled to take six courses per calendar year. Courses run for six weeks and new sessions begin every month.
- Universal Class: Access nearly 500 online classes taught by real instructors and explore a diverse range of subjects including computers, business, home & garden, health, and technology. You may start a class at any time.
- Brainfuse: Get help on-demand, anytime, anywhere. Brainfuse is eLearning for all ages and all levels offering skill-building in a variety of subjects and features like live tutoring, job coaching, and a 24-hour writing lab.
- LearningExpress: Gain access to practice tests, tutorials, and eBooks for school and career, including college entrance, civil service, and citizenship. También en Español.
- Mango Languages: Free, online language-learning classes for all ages. Enroll in self-paced classes for over 70 languages. Mango also offers ESL courses in Spanish, Mandarin, Arabic, Japanese, and other languages.
- Khan Academy: Free world-class education for anyone anywhere. Study at your own pace, wherever you are! Subjects include math, science, computer programming, humanities, and more.
- Driving-Tests.org: California Driving Tests Access to car, motorcycle, and commercial driver’s license practice tests and online manuals in English and Spanish.
We are sorry this was not useful for you!
Help us improve!
Tell us how we can improve this post?